CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

bye bye BABY bye bye

Can you believe the technicians asked us if we wanted to bring it home? I'm still not sure if they were serious or not!!
BLETCH!!

Dr Udall was finishing up a surgery next door and the PA tried to tell us that we should keep it on for 2 more weeks or so - ummm did you look at the X-rays? because Udall said we'd get it off today if they looked good. - Yes, and they look perfect for 5 weeks in - you mean 5 1/2 - 5 weeks - 5 1/2 - 5 weeks - Um I'm a mom and I've been counting down, it's been 5 weeks and 4 days - Well, I conferred with our other Dr and he agrees that it should stay on for a few more weeks. - Is this based on the x-ray or just your experience? - experience - When will Dr. Udall be here? a few minutes? Oh well...we'll just wait.

hooray for just waiting!!!!

Afterword he held his legs in this position and cried for an hour or so. Once home we took a nice long Epsom salt bath in this basic position while we scrubbed and rubbed and massaged. There weren't as many tears in a bubble bath and after an hour more...

He still makes no movement on his own and is getting used to the stiffness and slight pain. But we're on the right road.

Thanks to ALL that have prayed for us - helped out in our home - brought in meals - gifted things on our doorstep. We appreciate and love you all. Next step? finding another new normal...hopefully one with much less TV.

2 comments:

AJ Curtis said...

Congratulations to you all on such a great milestone! It must be nice to have some sense of 'normal' back again. I love his smiles.

Anne said...

he looks great and dare I say older? Hope he is running soon. We have been sick here for 4 days and I think Eliza is tv addicted now. I told her no tv at all tomorrow. So sick of it. Good luck