CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Take me out to the ball game

Matt Peterson, under the auspicious name of PR Youth Sports, you have done it AgaIn!! Wow and double wow to our neighborhood sports Coalition for your baseball season!! 108 kids, 3 divisions and 9 teams, at $8.50 per child you make our life of boys so much easier and happier!! This is our first try at organized baseball and I could not be more pleased about our first games of the season.

Seth hitting the ball and rounding third to home!!



Clyde also hitting the ball and then rounding third to home.

Monte Birk played a double header today. Phew! He was tired and hot by the end but those runs into home were well worth it!

I am so thankful for good friends and people that take the time to create and execute something so wonderful that my family can participate in. When I think of my sun burned neck from 3 hours of lazily sitting and cheering I think of how sore Coach Matt's knee must be from kneeling to pitch for these youngsters hours on end. I think of his sweet wife and children who support him as he puts in his time scheduling and organizing the games and rosters. You know it's a real service at $8.50 a child when we get t-shirts and caps out of it as well. It is such a rewarding experience for the kids with the supportive, patient and up-beat dads on the field helping them play.

0 comments: