CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

man is SHE old!

My BIG sister is turning 40 tomorrow!!

Phew, glad it's not me...but equally glad for a reason to have a surprise get together! Happy Birthday Shauna...you're gonna rock 40!!


(With what was left of her cake at the end of the party.)


An amazingly talented friend of mine made this for our surprise lunch. Seriously Melissa!! Wonderful! I'll let you all in on a secret...it tastes as good as it looks!! Unbelievable, I know..but Oh so TRUE!

(l-r) Tenay, Rachel, Shauna, ME, Brindy and Lanie


BEST FRIENDS!

I am so blessed to have the most wonderful sisters in the world! (Karen and I got online together, her in UT and me here, to pick the cake theme, we missed her at the party.)



Lanie's gift cracked us all up!

They're BOTH 40...tee hee...I feel like such a kid with these ancient ones...





We recycled the bow from the top of the cake and put in on the bottom tier. It was a shame to have to cut it but consuming that was my favorite part of lunch! And that's saying something! (Costa Vida's/Cafe Rio's pork salad is just about my all time fave.)


But Seriously, I hope 40 isn't THAT bad I'm just 2 years behind her!



2 comments:

Becky said...

My GOODNESS that's a lot of fondant! Cute cake!

aelizabethgarner said...

Love the sucker gift...priceless. We are way closer than you think. You are such a great sister. I hope Lisa doesn't see this post...she turned last January with no cake in sight.