Happy Birthday Sweetie!!
October 10, 10
There was a blinding hail storm the other night. Beautiful and yet frightening all the same. Monte woke Seth and Clyde from almost sleep to see it. Seth was was impressed with how cool it was and Clyde, more than a little frightened asked his Dad, "Is Heavenly Father mad at us?"
September 10, 10
Clyde "HOLY SWEEEEET BABY CARROTS!!"
December 25, 09
We were riding bikes Christmas morning in the front yard and Seth brought out the Godiva chocolates that Santa had left in my stocking. I gave each boy one but only one because, "they are very rich." (I was referring to how smooth and rich tasting they were.) To which Seth replied, "Does that mean you buy them?"
November 27, 09
Clyde saying the family evening prayer, "Our gracious Heavenly Father please bless the baby that's in mommy's... (thoughtful pause) please bless a new baby to be in mommies tummy..." Because he told me the other day that we lost our baby and "we're all just a little bit sad."
November 3, 2009
Monte Birk rambling on to our carpooler on the way to school this morning, "We have bunk beds too! And then when the baby is born we're getting another set and Seth will sleep on top and Jack will be on the bottom in our room and we'll save Seth's smaller bed for the baby when he's big enough...and then I hope we'll stop having babies." (by the way, we aren't finding out what the baby is, we just all say "he" because that's what we do at our house!)
September 24, 2009
Clyde, "Mom, I hope I like the new baby." Mom, "Oh, I'm sure you will Clyde, why wouldn't you?" Clyde, "It's just that I don't like Jack all that much." After a morning of Mom making him share with his brother.
August 23, 2009
Clyde's evening prayer, "Thank you Heavenly Father that I can grow up to be Batman."
August 2, 2009
This morning we made home made wheat bread and sweet rolls...tonight at dinner Monte Birk said, "Mom? If they declare me President someday I'm going to make you my baker."
July 30, 2009
We were leaving COSTCO and I left the boys outside with the cart while I went back in quickly to check and see, "...if our film is finished yet." All three replied, "Mom, what's film?"
April, 2009
I was borrowing some choir music from a girlfriend in another ward. Clyde was with me and asked,"Mommy, what are we doing?" I light heartedly said, "Oh, we're just stealing a little of this music." To which he replied, "NO, Mommy...you can't do that then you would feel like Satan!"
January 12, 2009
I brought the big boys on a surprise date to Utah to play in the snow. We returned this morning and for FHE tonight we talked Monte Sr. through our trip by showing him all of our pictures. When we came on a particularly striking photo of Seth doing something silly he laughed and said, "Mommy, I just LOVE myself!"
December 29, 2008
This morning when I tried to close my eyes for a few more minutes of much needed sleep. Clyde told me, "Mommy, wake up it isn't sleep time, the sun is up." Well, this is something I hear ALL the time when I try to take any sort of nap around the boys. So I explained to him that I needed some extra rest to be a good mommy today and he said, "Well that's OK, just shut your brain off and keep your eyes open." He's right...THAT makes a good mommy!
December 21, 2008
Upon opening their presents (transformers) from Grandpa at the family party Seth exlcaimed, "MOM! I've wanted this ever since I was a little kid!" Clyde said, "Grandpa is the bestest grandpa in the whole wide world to give us these!" and Monte Birk practically hyperventilated when he received his Pokemon gift! It really was a great family party.
November 24, 2008
Monte Birk is desperately trying to learn to belch. (This is important to a 6 year old boy.) Upon making a few small burps he tells me at lunch today, "listen mom, listen, the smell of sweet success!"
November 20, 2008
Monte Birk telling me about his friend's brother. "Mom he is 12. I mean he is so BIG,he's 12...mom, he's HUGE!"
November 15, 2008
Seth "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you that I could play soccer today and get my trophy. Thank you that I could go on a family walk today and that I got my trophy, thank you for my family and that I could get my trophy, I love you Heavenly Father..."
November 14, 2008
Seth (after breaking a zipper off of some packaging) I broke it mom! See Clyde? I am sooo strong I break everything!
October 2, 2008
We were sitting with our boys in the stake center waiting for the tri-stake conference to be broadcast today. Much like General Conference the large screens had a numerical countdown til the broadcast began. I was so proud of how reverent my guys were being, it seemed like I had more wiggles than they did. And then Clyde looked up at me and whispered, "Mommy, when do we blast off?" I counted down 5-4-3-2-1 and on my way down his little face filled with something right between excitement and pure terror! Oh to be 4 again!
October 10, 2008
Clyde..."Daddy? I love you...but I hate your singing." (Phew, so glad he didn't say that one to me!"
September 14, 2008
Seth, "girls are mommies, boys are kids."
September 10,2008
Clyde was playing with the pop up hamper over his head acting like R2D2... Seth had a remote control and was giving him commands...I said, "Seth would you like a hamper too so you can be a robot?" Clyde said, "Yeah Seth, that's a good idea then we can be twins!"
September 7,2008
Clyde: "Mom, I had a great dream last night"
Mom: "Oh really? What was it?"
Clyde: "It was Woody and Buzz with NO ZURG!"
(have you seen 'Toy Story'?)
AND
Seth came into the family room climbed onto the couch and looked into the big mirror hanging above it. He put both hands to his cheeks and looked very intently at his face. Then he says into the mirror with a little consternation, "Oh man...I'm still a twin!"
September 3, 2008
0 comments:
Post a Comment