CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

LeMonAde!

Monte Birk found himself in a situation where he owed his brothers and I a little money. He decided that the best way to earn some on his own was to put on a lemonade stand. (Something he has wanted to do for a long time.) Our street gets little to no through traffic and so we drove until we found what looked like an ideal corner to set up. He called a few friends but none were available to 'assist' so Mom it was. (On a hot AZ summers day - I told him I'd give him 1 hour of my time at which point we'd call it a day and pack up for home.)



At first people slowed but didn't stop. I coached him on stepping away from the table to smile and wave at the cars. "MOM! That's embarrassing!" "Well, Bud, that's how you get the customers." Timidly he got away from the table and began to wave...1...2...3...customers...4...5...6...customers - all purchasing more than one cup of Lemonade.
It didn't even take an hour to empty our 2 large pitchers of Lemonade that day and he walked away with $9. He paid us all back and was left with $1.25 of his own. With that much success we talked business and next time? He's paying for his own supplies so he can really learn what a free and clear profit is.


0 comments: