CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Welcome to GiGanToR!

For those of you that will never actually make it out to our new home to see what we’ve

accomplished.
I use the word

accomplished
because it was a real task!
Here it is!!

A bit of history first…we purchased a foreclosed home for a smokin’ deal. “Why such a great deal?” you ask? Although it was in much better shape than quite of few of the other foreclosures we had seen it was in desperate need of a make-over. The previous owners had 7, count them, S-E-V-E-N indoor Labrador Retrievers. (And yes, one was a puppy.) Carpets had been ripped to shreds at every seam, base boards had been treated as teething toys, heaven only knows what the myriads of stains on ALL of the carpets were. However, trying to be reasonable...were just going to re-floor the house. Then some good friends told us of a home that they had purchased and only re-floored to get rid of the “doggies”. Their advice was that once the “new carpet” smell had subsided, the “doggie” smell returned. HOW? WHY? Dog oil, on the walls. You know, it’s not so strange, humans have greasy hair too! Hence, the paining of the entire almost 4, 000 square feet of Gigantor!

I will not try and frighten you by the telling of how much dog hair we actually vacuumed out of the house, or how the said hair was found in the uncanniest places (every singe kitchen cabinet and drawer), or how when we pulled out the old carpet the hair had worked it’s way under the old carpet and pad to find a new home, or how horribly stinky, doggie, disgusting the house smelled. But I WILL tell you of how we vacuumed, bleached, cleaned, bleached, painted, bleached, and worked our tail ends off…did I mention the bleach? To sanitize our now beautiful, clean, doggie free home! And if you know me at all, you know that when I mention the bleach I do not mean it lightly...every square inch of the house…including the walls and windows...bleached and beautifully clean!!!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Di, I am truly impressed! You guys are amazing! I love everything you've done and hope to get down there and see it in person some day. :)

Elizabeth and her boys said...

Wow, Diane. Everything looks great. I can totally relate. Been there, done that, not too excited about doing it again. Enjoy your new home!

Jessica/Patrick said...

Diane!! You moved!! And your house is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Also quite large. But I love it a ton!

Lady said...

WOW - What a makeover and I can actually smell how clean it is!!! I love the flooring and paint colors you picked. Everything looks so warm and inviting now. I can't even imagine all the work and time it took to get that way. Where did you stay while you were working on it? Were you able to stay in your previous home?