Sunday, December 20, 2009
Dad's day of "Hookie"
The boys have been taking turns playing "hookie" from the school the past few weeks. Why not? Every once in a while on a random day when they say, "Mom? Do I have to go to school today?" I tell the "no." It's not like we do anything special really. They unload the dishwasher, fold the laundry, take out the garbage, basically help me with whatever I am doing that day. Well, on Friday (which was a half day of school for the boys) Dad played hookie. It was quiet in the back yard for quite a while and then I found them. Music playing, games going and later, a full on picnic. Of course, I did all of my chores alone but it was such a gorgeous day...who could blame them?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love making memories. I bet these are the times they will remember!!
Great times!!! This reminds me of a favorite quote of mine: "Never let your schooling interfere with your education." Sometimes you just gotta take a day!!!
Post a Comment