
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
introspect
Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level
and beat you with experience.

My friend posted this on Facebook and it really spoke to me. Not that I think that I'm better than anyone else, rather that I tend to feel like the 'idiot' when I know I am educated and intelligent. I tend to talk too much. Sometimes I feel like I am digging little holes for myself to crawl into when speaking with certain types of personalities. I've been working on listening more and saying less. What I'm learning is that the old adage is too true, "Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves." I don't want to feel like the one hanging from the noose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love the quote, the image, and your attitude.
In business, I observe often that those that know the most often say the least amount of words. However, when they speak, people listen.
FWIW, I love listening to you.
Post a Comment