Saturday, January 22, 2011
should've-would've
long story-short
13 years ago when we were newlyweds Monte built me an entertainment center while we lived in Wymount. It has followed us through countless moves, been added to, fixed and re-varnished more than I can remember. We don't use it anymore. I'm cleaning and un-cluttering the house so we were discussing the entertainment center and wondering who might be in need. (Such a shame to loose such a piece.) Clyde happily suggested, "MOM! Let's get the pick ax out and burn it!" It seemed fitting so we had some good friends over (thanks Stones for the fun company) for grilled pork loin, baked potatoes, salad, brownies and
BON FIRE!!
Those countless layers of varnish made for an awesome fire.
I should've taken pictures-I would've taken pictures
but I forgot.
aside: Monte said it was fun and "therapeutic" to hack it apart...hmm...let's hope that's not a subconscious thought on our 13 years of marriage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Brilliant!
I especially love how only an expectant mother would try to read the therapeutic comment into an assessment of the marriage.
haha! thats so funny that it was clydes idea to burn it! that little pyro :)
Post a Comment