Sunday, July 17, 2011
Glorified pet sitting
I've always wanted a cabin up north. Sadly, that is not happening for us in the foreseeable future. I envy my friends that get out of dodge each summer when the 100 degree weather hits but I've got the next best thing...actually better!
house/pet sitting
My Brother and his family live in Lakeside. When they go on long family vacations guess who they oftentimes call to do a little house sitting...yup! The Gardiners! I adore their home. (I should mention that I adore it with them in it as well.) Monte hasn't accrued any vacation with his new job yet so I went up with the boys Thursday morning and he met us late Friday night to finish up the weekend. 2 of our cousins that actually live here are our same ages so we don't have to pack all of our own toys up the mountain. We went 'unplugged' for the weekend (no electronics) but they've got a TV room with every show you would ever want and way more than you'd need in a weekend, a ping-pong table, a gorgeous back yard, long porch with ceiling fans, bedrooms for everyone, a beautiful grand piano to play and summer weather to die for!! Better than a cabin I'd say! Take a look at our vacation in pictures. (My only sad thought - They were gone 10 days, we could only come up for a weekend. My sister in law called me a few days before their trip with the dates and it was the week of Kids Kollege. I would've stayed the whole week husband-less to enjoy their home and weather! shoot-dang-darn-shucks!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment