CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Musical Workshop

The brethren weren't enjoying summer sports camp at all!! We had such high hopes for it but it wasn't as organised as promised. So 2 weeks into a 3 week program I called Jenee Prince. It was the evening before her Queen Creek Musical Workshop Session began. The conversation went something like this, "Are there good boy songs this year?" - "YES! But I've only got a few boys." So 3 more were added to her class roster. When we showed up at rehearsal Monday morning we learned that a 'few boys' was code for ONE boy. So then there were 4 (3 of which were mine.) That day I called around and found another boy to join with us and help with the daily drive to Queen Creek. Then there were 5. Next year I plan on stacking the deck!


Nice hair eh? They wanted to do something FUN for their performance. I figured, why not? As long as they shaved it off for Church on Sunday. Clyde didn't get the full treatment however because he had the talk in church on Sunday and I didn't want a billiard ball behind the pulpit in primary!


Grandpa came to the show and we all went for ice cream after words


Each of my boys had BIG solo's and speaking parts. They loved every minute of it. Jenee works the kids hard and by the end they have such a great feeling of accomplishment.


Their theme was "ONE" - no not one boy -



the number one, hit songs, number one Broadway shows,



number one KIDS - MINE!!




Just look at all those happy brethren!! I am such a proud Mama!

0 comments: