CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Annual Neighborhood Pumpkin Carving Contest

Seth always wants a "happy, happy, happy," jack-o-lantern for Halloween. So this year when he drew his "happy" face I was careful to cut only where his lines were. His pumpkin is far right in the picture...the one that looks like Oscar the Grouch. Well, when he saw that it didn't turn out happy he burst into tears and was only pacified when I let him help me on my "happy" one (center). Funny thing was, Seth didn't mind his scary pumpkin at all once the voting was finished and he had won the prize for scariest pumpkin!

In attendance were the Chad Jacks family, the Jon Ellsworth family, the Kevin Tueller family, the Monte Gardiner family, Savanna and her grandma Carol Cundif, the Russell family, Grandpa Arnett and Grandma Gardiner.


Monte Birk carved his entire Jack-o-Lantern by himself this year. I was so proud of him. It turned out very nicely. Seth and Clyde still refused to touch the ICKY insides but drew their faces for Monte and I to carve for them.

0 comments: