CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 21, 2008

"craftiness"

Ornament Exchange
The last six years I have hosted an Ornament Exchange at my house. X number of people are invited to make X ammount of Christmas Tree ornaments. You come with your X ammount of the same ornament. We eat, talk, hang out, and trade our ornaments so that you leave with X ammount of different ornaments. It is a fun way to share your craftiness and decorate your tree. The only rule is that it HAS to be home made. I have the best Folk Artsy tree around because of this yearly exchange. And the best part is that my kids little hand prints don't look out of place on my Christmas tree because it is ALL home made. This year we made 20...never again...it's just too much work!

This is my Joseph. Next year I will be making the Mary and Baby Jesus that go with him. I guess if people don't return for next years exchange they can just call him a shepherd.
Monte Birk’s music teacher had a pumpkin, somewhat like this, on her front door. I made a rough sketch of it and had my sisters Shauna and Brindy over to make them.

1 comments: