CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

4 Peaks

Thanksgiving to the extended Arnett family is much more than the turkey dinner. In fact many of us have been heard to say that we would rather miss any other holiday, including Christmas to be at the Annual Thanksgiving 4 Peaks trip. We've been doing this since I was a little girl. I remember bringing my grandparents up with us each year. A few years we even had to bring them in their wheel chairs. It is so nice to see how traditions can keep going for over 30 years...and there is no end in sight! As is tradition, the Saturday after Thanksgiving we pack up the ATV’s, guns, games, tables, chairs, steaks, treats, kids and all and drive out to 4 peaks to frolick! We ride, play and eat until we are sick and then we sit around the fire singing and talking. When we are done with that the fireworks magically, albeit illegally, appear and we watch the lights. This year 4 peaks was in a cloud and we played with the anticipation of the seemingly unavoidable rain that would come. However, we were saved from the rain and instead all 40 of us enjoyed a beautifully perfect desert winters day.

6 comments:

Jana said...

You have such a fun family!!!

aelizabethgarner said...

I do not have your email but have been trying to find your blog. Send me an invite please...
annegarner@cox.net

Katie Evans said...

Nan,
I would love to keep checking in on you. Send me an invite too please. katieevanscm@cox.net
Thanks again for the wonderful ornament exchange. I love it and appreciate all of your hard work.

Tom and Sue said...

Hey Diane! Definetly invite us to your blog...if you don't mind! Can't miss out on all the Gardiner happenings! suzpalmer@cableone.net
P.S. - got your Christmas card today...soooo cute!

Unknown said...

Okay, I think I can officially be a blogger now--going to try to keep up!!! Your blog is so cute--please send me an invite so I can keep checking in! jenni@ferrins.net
Thanks for being such a great friend--Love & miss you tons! =(

Sunshine said...

I love checking up on you and your cute boys. Please send me an invite. sbird@san.rr.com