CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"The Choice"

To all the many amazing women I know that have made
"The Choice"

You know the one...the daily one that we make every morning when we wake to those big, sweet eyes needing thier diapers changed, and their breakfast made, and their home work done, and someone to sit with them while they practice, before we help them get dressed and off to school, lessons, classes, naps...all the while hoping that we make it though the morning without vomiting because the unborn one in our belly is needing something that we have yet to figure out...

VALIDATE ME!!!

I couldn't be happier to be a stay at home mom singing lullabies...right?!
and yet...missing my old life of music VERY badly! Sometimes when I sing in church etc...and they say, "Wow! You're good, have you ever had lessons?" Or, heaven forbid, the Dr. that actually told me yesterday that I have "two vocal chords in my throat" (REALLY? Wow! enlighten me some more!) I want to SCREAM!! Masters Degree!!! Professional Singer...and while we're at it I'd like my $75. rate for singing at your wedding...please...

Just tell me that I'm not alone
and I'll go away quietly without a fight!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, Diane... I struggle with this too. It is hard in the moment of diapers and laundry, juggling daily somewhat unrewarding tasks to feel like you are living up to your full potential. Don't get me wrong, there are little moments, like when my 11 year old son hugs me before school and says, "your a good mom." But for the most part I think it will be when our kids are grown up and we are looking back at our life that we will say... "I'm so glad I made that choice". What I like to do when I feel this way is watch home movies. They always make me proud to be a stay at home mom, and I kind of look into my own life from the outside and see what good I really do in these little ones lives. Balance I guess is the answer.. very hard to find!

Charlotte said...

heavenly father is proud of you for being a mommy :)

Wendy and Rick said...

K I stay pretty on top of your blog, and nowhere did I see a huge announcement that you are pregnant... Are you pregnant for real??? I think everyone is pregnant except me!