CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

PaRAde!!

Veteran's Day could not have been more perfect than it was this year! Check my blog about last year's parade.
I wrote then about my strong feelings for our wonderful country and the men and women that
protect it and secure our safety.

What better way to teach my children about the American Flag than going to a parade that is FuLL of the American Flag. Monte Birk was vigilant in telling us to put our hand over our hearts each time he saw one coming in the distance.
The Teullers came with us again this year and we got FanTaStiC seats right next to the grand stand!! great location...they were giving out red, white and blue balloons AND FLAGS...I got a ballot to vote for the best participants in the parade...I may just be sentimental but I admit that the Mountain View band brought a tear to my eye when they began the parade with "...On Toro's On..." That band is still the largest high school band in Mesa!

...and YES, I cried thanking the veterans of our country and their wives for their sacrifice and service...just like I do
EVERY YEAR!

0 comments: