Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Parade
I am so grateful for our Great Nation. I cry during the National Anthem, I cry during the Pledge of Allegiance, I tear up when my children sing the primary song about "my country's flag" ...and I am not one prone to public tears. Normally I would be humiliated or at the least VERY embarrased by this public show of emotion. Instead, I am grateful that I had a mother that taught me respect, allegiance and love for the United States of America. I love the Veteran's Day parade in downtown Mesa. I don't believe we have missed since we've moved back into town. What other time do you have the opportunity to honor the men and women that gave so much for our country? Some lost their lives, others their loved ones, all their innocence. I am grateful that I have the freedom to stand on the side lines today to cheer and wave my thanks to the men and women that have sacrificed so much. I pray that I will be able to teach my children the same respect, allegiance and love for this Great Nation that my mother taught me.
...flags do NOT belong on the ground he would say.
(Jack under the blanket) Andrew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow you have been busy! I just uptdated myself on all your happenings. I guess around the holidays there is always a lot going on. The new photos you added to the blog of the boys individually are so cute. Did ashley take those? I miss being able to be ther and do all the fun stuff with you, but life is really good here. I am just so happy, and I actually loved the snow and can't wait to get more. Soon I hope!
I thought I was the only one who can't get through the pledge of allegiance or the star spangled banner without crying! My kids make fun of me every time!
Post a Comment