CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 19, 2011

i got crafty

I was so proud of these gift packages I had to share...

explanation follows the photos...
girl gift


boy gift


EXPLANATION


Let me tell you what is stressful...being invited to a work sponsored baby shower when the boss is throwing the party, it's a family event (kids invited), you're the new guy, it's a double shower (2 co-workers having babies), you're going out of town that afternoon, you've never met any of the hub's work associates, and you've gotten emails for 3 weeks making references to "all the kids" that will be there when you have a sneaky suspicion that 1/2 the kids coming are yours!!
One more point begs to be mentioned...

MORMONS go to 1,00o baby showers a year (well it does seem that way at times) and we all bring a present, of course! But the Mormon way of giving is 1 outfit, if you're lucky 2 and a little home made hair bow. It's OK, it's the culture, we've come to expect it. There are times when a nice group gift happens. Maybe a stroller-from all 14 people in attendance. But let me tell you about the NON-MORMON baby shower. Boy howdy, I've been to plenty of these as well and the first one I went to I came with my little 'outfit in a bag'. No way Jose! They give real gifts, like major packages. For example, I've seen them give a stroller-from one person!-car seat included! (it wasn't from a relative) or maybe a bath package-not just the hooded towel but every item needed for the bath-tub included. So I was really feeling the pressure last week.


Luckily-I'm crafty and craftiness can go a looooong way in the non-crafty world. Especially if it's all individually wrapped in it's own cellophane envelope. Here are some close up's of my crafty. I've hit upon a new bootie pattern to die for! Someone else have a girl...PLEASE so I can make some more!!









3 comments:

AJ Curtis said...

We've never had an experience like that but have heard stories. The ones that we've heard involve an expensive gift for the baby and then an expensive bottle of liquor for the father.

J and M said...

Let us now discuss the talent of making those........... wow!

Rob and Jen said...

Oh my word--these booties are the cutest things ever!!! I'm pretty sure I heard you say in this post that you're wanting to teach this skill to the women of the QCE Stake... did I hear that right??? We're doing a Humanitarian project for Newborns in Need... I'm dying over this cuteness!!!