CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Perfect Sunday
At least my version of it...
Alas, the perfect Sunday always begins with the house looking like this...

And ends with it looking like this...

It begins with Monte giving me an extra hour of sleep and then waking to a clean kitchen and the smell of pancakes. Then after our 9 am Sacrament meeting my Gospel Doctrine lesson has great comments and seems to teach itself.

After church the boys settle down to watch a family musical. Today it was Singing in the Rain...more specifically the "make 'em laugh" scene...5 times with them doing all of the actions and dance steps. After that we switched to Family Band one of my all time personal favorites. (The blanket they are sitting on is for their "inside picnic" of hot dogs and melted cheese on chips/healthy...I know...but oh so fun!)

While the movie plays and the boys have their lunch Monte naps on the couch while I make home made bread, some for our family and some for his home teaching families.

While Monte is out doing Church work and delivering fresh bread the boys and I participate in some time honored classics like memory, go fish and dominoes.

Once he comes home and changes out of his suit he joins the fray and we end up wrestling with the boys and eating our own loaf of bread with butter and jam.

Sundays are always best when there is sunshine so we are then off on a family bike ride to the neighborhood park...

where, of course,

the baby happily falls asleep.

Then home to dinner, baths, pj’s, stories and bed where the boys fall asleep by 8 pm leaving Monte and I alone to watch old episodes of “the office” and still get to bed at an early hour (unless I decide to blog the prefect day.)



1 comments:

Lady said...

That does sound like the perfect day!!! I'm sorry about your family room. Don't you hate that? It was so clean and so perfect - why can't they just leave it that way? My mother assures me someday it will stay that way and I'll wish that it had toys and pillows and little people filling it up!!