CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 28, 2011

AnNuAL PumPkIN CarVinG

11 years...Can you believe it? We've been hosting this for 11 years now. It's become one of our very faVoRite things! I've got in down to a science now-it's called a "Carving Contest Bin" After Halloween I'll hit the sales and buy all my replacement items and put them in the bin. Next year I'll send out the invites, make the prize shirts, purchase the pumpkins and open the bin-VOILA! Party Time!!

Clyde, Jack, Monte Sr., Monte Birk, Diane, Will, Seth



(l-r) Clyde's, Seth's, monte Birk's and Jack's PumPkIns

I let the boys begin their pumpkins as soon as they got home from school this year. Sadly that means I forgot to take pictures of them actually making their pumpkins but happily it gave them more time to play at the party. And it was far less stressful than trying to help each one of them finish in time for the judging. This year Monte did his entire pumpkin alone. He was so proud and HE WON!!! Seth and Clyde needed a little help with cleaning out the GUTS and drawing but they did all their own cutting.


It was a great crowd this year with the Judd, Peterson, Reidhead, Singer, LeSuer, Bogle and Sanchez families. We are so blessed to have so many good friends.


One handed carving going on here.

Now THAT deserves an award...

My husband is truly AweSoMe!


This year we finally got smart and moved it into the front yard. Years past we've had it in the back and it ruins our freshly seeded winter grass. Either that, or we're cramped for space being relegated to the porch. It was fantastic in the front and the kids had way more room to RuN!



Hite, Seth, Clyde and Noah

(Hite is from our ward and Noah is one of our best friends from school)


The Judds w/ Petersons in the background


Tawnya, Sienna and Madison Singer with little Deja Judd

(a few of our fantastic neighbors)


Emery, Josie and Abby Reidhead

1 comments:

Anne said...

You are following in your mothers footsteps of throwing fabulous parties. I'm sure she is so proud. Looks like lots of fun.