CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Break

I love the brethren. I love having them home. 1 week is NOT a long time to be with your children...and yet I woke the first morning of Fall Break feeling dismal and trapped. I had planned NOTHING! There was nothing in my back pocket to pull out and say, "WOW kids, you're awesome Mom has it all under control!"...and after a morning of tv, wii and whining I'd had it!! I claimed the rest of the week as "UNPLUGGED!" and loaded them ALL into the car for a quick trip to QT for soda's-just to get them out of the house. Which led to an impromptu picnic ($5. pizza) at the park with friends. Which, of course, led to making our Halloween T-shirts at our house with friends. That invariably led to sleeping in the tent (in the playroom, mom was too lazy to have them outside) and the tent was so fun that we decided they should sleep in it all week...




The brethren entertained themselves the rest of the week with games, crafts and creations. They also lived between the neighbors house and ours for the next few days...LOVE these neighbors...the Judds...they have a movie screen and a projector...so we invited a few other families from the neighborhood to our backyard...






Then to top it all off we "left town" Thursday afternoon. To Grandpa Arnett's house. (Where Monte cut 20 minutes off his commute and was there by dinner, spent the night with us, and then went back to work the next day!) The boys woke up and helped Grandpa clean out his garage for the better part of the day before they were allowed to play the wii and watch a movie with mom. After Cousins Jude's birthday party and stories it was back to bed so they could get up early and help Grandpa clean the church Saturday morning with Dad!




...and as a side note, I made my very first pumpkin roll over spring break! Easy and tasty, even if I do say so myself! (The brethren loved the fact that the middle of the roll made a G for Gardiner!)





**families in our yard for the movie...the Susims, HoChings, Judds, Reidheads, Singers and various parent-less neighborhood hooligans...

1 comments:

Anne said...

Looks like a good week. I am so jealous you get 2 weeks. Jim gets that in Chandler. It is my favorite school schedule. I wish Mesa would go for it. We went to the beach but had to leave Justin home for swimming...boo to high school sports. Hope things are good for you and cute boys. Do you miss not jumping on a plane anytime or did you get lots of passes stored up for future trips? I need to come see your cute new addition who isn't very new anymore.