Monday, September 13, 2010
BroThEr BuCKs
Monte Birk is an avid reader, I know, he's just almost 8, but believe me he reads more than I...and that's really saying something. (scroll down to see photos of him reading at the 4th of July Parade-with the band marching by!) But I digress. In one of his books there is something called "mother bucks" I'm not sure how it is used in his book,but this summer he created some out of scraps of paper and implemented them with his brothers. They could earn "Brother Bucks" by doing nice things for him and then they could buy things from him. Things like small services or time on his DS. I decided to take it a bit further and we used them in the house as rewards for kindnesses, chores etc. That is how they earned TV time, computer time etc this summer. Each 20 minutes of electronics cost something like 10 or 15 "brother bucks". There was one special reward. If they wanted to go without those small luxuries or combine their money they could 'purchase' a family date of their choosing. Monte Birk chose to save his money this summer and-you guessed it-READ instead. With his saved "bucks" he purchased a family date to a Diamondbacks game. A definate WIN WIN situation for mom if you ask me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I cannot believe how old your boys are getting! Monte Birk is going to be 8?!?! How is that possible?!!!
They are all adorable :D
I still think about you guys ALL the time, and miss you!!
Post a Comment