CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 13, 2010

My SeLFiSh UtaH TrIP

July 4th we go each year to Utah for the entire week. That's not quite true. I go with the boys for the week and Monte is there with us for either the beginning or the end. Whichever one the 4th actually falls on. I call it my selfish trip. I do what I want in my own time with my own little family. This year we went straight from the airport to Provo town center for the crafts, booths, and bouncers. We hang out at the MTC park picnicking with the Buehler cousins forever to see the Stadium of Lights. Laughing at the way people save seats. We light our own fire crackers in the street. (unlawful in AZ) We go to the big July 4th parade in the morning. We visit with all of my non-family friends and old college room mates that there is never time to visit on the family trips to Utah. We stay at Karen's house enjoying my sister and her sweet family. We go to the park every day, because in AZ it is too hot to go outside if you're not in the pool. And we live a life of unscheduled frivolity. This year we did fit in quite a bit of the Gardiner family as well. With a picnic at the Jordan family and Sunday church with Margot and her kiddo's. Grandma came to both of those as well. Karen and I snuck in a night out alone together for Steak dinner and to go see Audra McDonald in 110 in the shade at the Orem Hale Theatre-a real highlight of selfishness. We came home around 11:30pm to poor Fidalis, the babysitter brother-in -law, and all 4 of my boys and one of his 2 girls wide awake. With the twins crying to him, literally, about how they are going into 2 separate classes for school this year...random. we came home tired, happy, sick of fast food and ready for our pool! I have pictures of it all but those will go into the family book...you just get this...see?...selfish!

0 comments: