Tuesday, September 21, 2010
GrANdPa
We try to have the boy's grandpa arnett over as often as we can. He is so busy it's hard for him to schedule us in at times. Thing is...he's usually in a hurry to get moving again after we eat dinner. But while Monte was in Greece he stayed on after our Sunday dinner. He even stayed for our Sunday Musical. This Sunday it was 'Guys and Dolls' because, let's face it, who can resist Marlon Brando singing Luck be a Lady. Not that it's great singing...but that it's Marlon Brando...singing.
I digress...grandpa...
This week I have been reminded of how much I love him and how grateful I am for him. He has worked hard the last 6 years and plays the role of Grandpa and Grandma with such nurturing. He gives us a 'loaner' car when ours is dead in the driveway and takes ours in for repairs. He cooks the best steaks. He listens and comforts when I need a shoulder. He tells me I'm doing a great job and that my boys are wonderful, good looking and well behaved. He holds my hand. He cuddles my boys during 'Guys and Dolls' and any other time he sits with them. He tells them they are smart. He holds their hand and talks with them. He shares of himself and his possessions unselfishly. I am so blessed to have him for my father. I am so gratful for his example to me. My life is not perfect but it is blessed beyond measure and largely this is due to him. Thank you Heavenly Father for sending me down to this man. Daily I am reminded of how blessed I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Great photos. He's your father but he'll always be my 'Bishop'.
Post a Comment